Liquid Multivitamins vs Pills
Liquid Multivitamins vs Pills
Vitamins are one of the most important nutrients your body needs, keeping it healthy and in peak condition. If you find it difficult to get your daily dose of vitamins, however, you’re not alone! Most people struggle to eat enough vitamin-rich foods, which is why many doctors recommend vitamin supplements as a part of their patients’ daily routines.
The Importance of Vitamins
Vitamins perform hundreds of vital roles in your body, including strengthening bones, boosting your immune system, helping wounds heal, repairing cells, and creating energy. There are 13 essential vitamins, which each work independently to perform different functions.
Although vitamins can be found naturally in foods such as fish, vegetables, and animal products, getting enough of them can be difficult, especially for those with dietary restrictions. Supplements like Vitamin C are an invaluable tool for ensuring your body gets the vitamins it needs to keep it functioning at its best, but which is better: liquids or pills?
The Benefits of Liquid Multivitamins
More and more people are turning to the benefits of liquid multivitamins to get the nutrients their bodies need, and it’s easy to see why: liquid multivitamins offer a range of benefits over traditional pills, with very few disadvantages.
- Absorption. Liquid multivitamins like our Alfa Plus Supreme are not contained within a solid outer shell, allowing them to be more easily absorbed by your body. This high absorption rate also ensures that nearly all of the product is being used, rather than potentially being wasted due to faulty packaging. Conversely, vitamin pills generally take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes to break down, with some failing to break apart at all. These pills end up being unused by your body, leading to a monetary loss, as well as your body not receiving the vitamins it needs.
- Adjustable Dosage. Different people need varying amounts of vitamins depending on their age and gender. Liquid multivitamins allow you to customize your dosage, allowing an entire family to easily use the same product. Although liquid multivitamins tend to be slightly more expensive than their pill counterparts, being able to rely on one bottle for the entire family is more cost-effective than buying different dosages of pills.
- Easy Consumption. It’s not uncommon to have difficulty swallowing pills, especially when they are large and have a high dosage. Liquid multivitamins such as our Biolife Plus Supreme are easily consumed, and are even safe for small children and infants. At these ages, pill vitamins can actually pose a choking hazard, and are thus unsafe. Older adults and pregnant women may also have trouble swallowing pills, and can benefit from taking a liquid multivitamin.
The Pros and Cons of Pills
Although liquid multivitamins have many advantages, traditional pill vitamins may be more appealing in certain situations.
- Portability. While liquid multivitamins do contain natural preservatives to help them last longer, many require refrigeration and may not be the best option for those who travel frequently. Vitamin pills have a much longer shelf life and do not require any kind of cold storage, making them an ideal option on long trips.
- Taste. Because most vitamin pills are designed to be swallowed, there is virtually no taste or aftertaste associated with them. Although taste is entirely subjective to each person, some associate a strong aftertaste with liquid multivitamins.
As with anything in life, both liquid multivitamins and vitamin pills have pros and cons. Although vitamin pills are slightly less expensive, liquid multivitamins are more cost effective overall thanks to their versatility and rate of absorption. Liquid multivitamins can also be used by anyone, making them a safer option than pill vitamins for children, infants, and older adults. When it comes to keeping your body happy and healthy, liquid multivitamins are a great all-around choice.
Liquid Multivitamins From Biolife
Biolife provides a wide variety of products that fit your nutritional needs. Our liquid multivitamins are exclusively designed with the highest quality ingredients available, helping you take your health to the next level. Call us at 866-8852-2273 or contact us online to schedule your personal nutrition consultation today.